Monday, November 30, 2009

The Alphabet In No Particular Order

Here is the newest Animal ABC piece, this time..... W, X, Y & Z !
wallpaper, wolf, white, woolly, warm, yellow, wood, xylophone, zebra, zither, zipper, yo-yo, window, Winter, wainscoting, zig-zag
I love jumping about, in no particular order.......I do this lots of times with picture book illustrations, too.
........ I find sometimes the end looks different ( but it wasn't meant to, designed to ) from the beginning if the project spans a long time & I just plod along in a straight line,  Sometimes one just evolves as the project progresses and ones simply sees a bit differently and sometimes deadlines nip at ones heels like wild animals so one makes choices that one wouldn't make otherwise. Also, I need to keep myself entertained so I mix the sketches up and just do what's on top of the stack.......
   working on K, L, M now.

3 comments:

country girl said...

You are so amazing, Wendy! Wow. Just WOW.

mountain girl said...

Wendy,
I just found your blog. I love your work. I'm an aspiring children's illustrator and am finding loads of inspiration here!

Indigene said...

Beautiful colors and textures, as usual!